Math Curriculum Associate, Match Export
Position: Math Curriculum Associate, Match Export
Location: Boston, MA
Start date: ASAP
About Match Education and Match Export
Match Education (www.matcheducation.org) is the shared brand name of Match Charter Public School, The Match School Foundation, Inc., and The Sposato Graduate School of Education®. Match Education is an engine of discovery and applied innovation in education. We operate a high-performing K-12 public charter school in Boston and a graduate school of education that trains teachers to work in high-need schools. Out of this applied work, we refine, validate empirically, and eventually disseminate new ideas and practices on core questions in education reform.
Match Export is a division of Match Education that focuses on sharing best practices and lessons learned. Match Export seeks to scale Match’s impact by broadly sharing our knowledge base with educators and policymakers across the country through innovative, engaging, interactive products. Our products include:
● Match Fishtank (www.matchfishtank.org) is an open source curriculum website that shares the instructional materials we use in our schools —for free—with other teachers and instructional leaders. Match Fishtank is seeing dramatic growth in visits from teachers across the country. Since its inception more than 15% of US teachers have accessed content on Match Fishtank. This fall we plan to launch a Beta version of a new subscription-based product on Match Fishtank called Fishtank Plus that will be a companion to our free curriculum. For a small annual fee, subscribers to Fishtank Plus will gain access to additional resources that support implementation of the Fishtank curriculum, including video-based implementation guides, student handouts, and other resources.
● Drawing on decades of experience training new teachers and instructional leaders Match Export has created two websites to share best practices and lessons learned. Match Minis (www.matchminis.org) is a free web-library of 50 bite-sized, entertaining 3-to-5 minute animated videos that share what we have learned about teaching and teacher training. Match Minis have been watched by thousands of teachers all over the country. Match Schoolhouse (www.matchschoolhouse.org) offers deeper guidance for teachers and coaches through fee-based online professional development courses for teachers. Presented in an innovative digital format, courses can be purchased individually by teachers, coaches, students and educators, or in a team format via school or district leaders and administrators. Match Schoolhouse was launched in 2018 and has sold more than 300 courses in its first year.
Overview of Role
Match Export is looking for a Math Curriculum Associate to support the development of instructional materials for Match Fishtank. Match Fishtank is Match Education’s open source curriculum site that shares the curriculum we have created for use in Match Charter Public Schools. Interest in Match Fishtank is growing - more than 15% of teachers across the country have accessed our curriculum. As we build out new features on the site we are looking for a Math Curriculum Associate to work alongside our Curriculum Directors to support and contribute to the creation of resources. Responsibilities may include creating new problems and modifying existing problems, building problem sets and homework, creating pre-unit and mid-unit assessments, supporting the development of animated math content videos.
The ideal candidate has experience as a math educator or tutor and is a diligent, conscientious worker who is a quick learner. The ideal candidate will also have excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills. This position is an exciting opportunity to work closely with an experienced team of curriculum directors, software engineers and education entrepreneurs in an innovative non-profit that is producing a cutting-edge digital curriculum product.
The Math Curriculum Associate will report directly to our Math Curriculum Director and will work closely with a small team of curriculum developers and digital content coordinators, including about 10 employees who play various roles on the Match Export team.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
● Develop problem sets and homework
● Develop pre-unit assessments and mid-unit assessments
● Revise problems within the curriculum
● Support digitization of curriculum by entering content into our curriculum database
● Support development of professional development resources
● Support the ongoing revision and development of curriculum to ensure all content is high-quality, aligned, and up-to-date
● Other related duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
● Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1-2 years of experience in an education setting
● Strong math background, particularly with upper elementary and middle school math
● Strong computer skills
● Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, organization and time management skills
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to take feedback and iterate based on team input
The Match Foundation, Inc., The Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education, Inc., and Match Charter Public School prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment..