Middle School Math Teacher
Position: Middle School Math Teacher (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
Location: Boston, MA (Jamaica Plain Campus)
Start date: ASAP
ABOUT THE MATCH CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOL
Match Charter Public School is a free, high-performing charter public school in Boston. We are a PreK-12 school serving 1,250 students. Our mission is to prepare students for success in college and careers in order to achieve economic security and mobility. Students gain acceptance to our schools via an annual blind public lottery open to all Boston residents.
Our families bring amazing racial and cultural diversity to the school community - they represent over 20 different countries of origin with over 20 different languages spoken at home. 94% of our students are people of color. Our students bring a diversity of needs to our school, and we are prepared to serve them. 21% of our students qualify for special education services; 30% of our student body are English Language Learners.
All that said, we know that the largest driver of our success is the people who work in our schools every day. Teachers have an immediate impact on our ability of reaching our mission and changing the lives of our students. If you are passionate about your teaching and interested in working in a positive environment alongside incredible peers, please apply for the opportunity below.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We have an immediate need for an excellent middle school Math teacher to join the school faculty for the rest of the 2019-20 school year. There will be the opportunity for continued employment after this school year. This position includes a number of essential responsibilities, including (but not limited to):
● Teach middle school level Math classes;
● Develop daily lessons aligned with Match’s Math curriculum in collaboration with department colleagues and leadership team members;
● Uphold high academic and behavioral expectations for students, and provide lots of support for getting students there;
● Participate actively in Match’s coaching and professional development programming;
● Assist with school programming as needed during non-instructional time; and
● Serve as a positive and collaborative member of the Match Charter Public School community
Competitive applicants will:
● have at least two years of full-time experience as classroom or special education teacher, preferably in an urban education setting;
● hold a valid and appropriate license issued by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, or obtain the licensure within a year of date of hire;
● believe that all students can and will succeed;
● desire to continually improve their practice as a teacher by taking and implementing feedback; have a proven record of student success and achievement;
● appreciate a good sense of humor.
ABOUT MATCH EDUCATION
Match Education (www.matcheducation.org) is the shared brand name of The Match Charter Public School, The Match School Foundation, Inc., and The Sposato Graduate School of Education®.
Match Education is an engine of discovery and applied innovation in education. We operate high-performing urban public charter schools and a unique graduate school of education that trains teachers for high-poverty schools. Out of this applied work, we refine, validate empirically, and eventually disseminate new ideas and practices on core questions in education reform.
The Match Foundation, Inc., The Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education, Inc., and Match Charter Public School prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment..