Middle School Nurse (2019-2020)
Position: School Nurse (2019-20 Opportunity)
Location: Match Middle School (Jamaica Plain)
Start date: August, 2019
ABOUT THE MATCH CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOL
Match Charter Public School is a free, high-performing charter public school in Boston. We are a PreK-12 school serving 1,250 students. Our mission is to prepare students for success in college and careers in order to achieve economic security and mobility. Students gain acceptance to our schools via an annual blind public lottery open to all Boston residents.
Our families bring amazing racial and cultural diversity to the school community - they represent over 20 different countries of origin with over 20 different languages spoken at home. 94% of our students are people of color. Our students bring a diversity of needs to our school, and we are prepared to serve them. 21% of our students qualify for special education services; 30% of our student body are English Language Learners.
All that said, we know that the largest driver of our success is the people who work in our schools every day. Teachers have an immediate impact on our ability of reaching our mission and changing the lives of our students. If you are passionate about your teaching and interested in working in a positive environment alongside incredible peers, please apply for the opportunity below.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Match Charter Public School seeks an experienced registered nurse for the middle school (grades 6-8). Our schools are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of all of our students. The nurse will work closely with school leaders and teachers in our middle school. The candidate must be a registered nurse with CPR/AED certification. The ideal candidate has school nursing, pediatric, emergency room, and/or public health experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Assessment, triage, and treatment of acute illness and injury;
● Management of chronic disease such as DM Type I; Seizure; Asthma;
● Medication administration PRN and daily;
● Competence and comfort with delivery of sensitive services;
● Serving as medical presence during school hours from 7:30am-4:30pm daily;
● Implement annual school requirements including but not limited to health screenings for all students, EpiPen and medication delegation for staff to the extent possible within license, field trip coordination for students with medical needs, annual medical forms from students, maintenance of med orders, and procedures for students on individual health plans particularly during winter months;
● Assist with school programming as needed during non-instructional time; and
● Serve as a positive and collaborative member of the Match Charter Public School community
● Valid Massachusetts Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioners license.
● Valid CPR certification, including AED.
● Experience in pediatrics/adolescent medicine.
● Ability to function autonomously in a clinical capacity.
● Excellent communication skills with youth and families from multiple cultural backgrounds.
ABOUT MATCH EDUCATION
Match Education (www.matcheducation.org) is the shared brand name of The Match Charter Public School, The Match School Foundation, Inc., and The Sposato Graduate School of Education®.
Match Education is an engine of discovery and applied innovation in education. We operate high-performing urban public charter schools and a unique graduate school of education that trains teachers for high-poverty schools. Out of this applied work, we refine, validate empirically, and eventually disseminate new ideas and practices on core questions in education reform.
The Match Foundation, Inc., The Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education, Inc., and Match Charter Public School prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment..