Public Media Account Executive - KNKX
Do you love Public Media?
Combine Your Love of Sales with Your Affinity for KNKX
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive experienced sales professional to join our local team representing KNKX in Seattle, WA. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to generate sponsorship revenue for public radio, on-demand audio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
In this outside sales position, you will sell broadcast, digital media and event sponsorships by developing new business and growing an existing account list.
An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you will make sales calls to on local decision-makers to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position – you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals supported by relevant research, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess
- Experience in media sales or agency – 3+ years in print or digital preferred
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- Passion for public media – we’re looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about KNKX programming and events
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Capacity to gather market data and create a story to sell multiple media platforms
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on service, trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Persuasive verbal communication skills and written presentation skills
- Collaborative personality, respectful, supportive and professional
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- Commitment to professional, timely execution of responsibilities
- Time and resource management skills
- Technology skills: CRM, Excel and PowerPoint
Market Enginuity Offers
- Market competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, accident, critical illness and pet insurances, tax-favored spending accounts, employee assistance program, and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with Paid Time Off and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work
About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity fuels mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
About Our Client: KNKX
Ranked as one of the most popular public radio stations in the nation, KNKX has served the Pacific Northwest since 1966. KNKX is an ambassador for jazz and blues, and a vital source of quality, non-commercial news, including NPR and regional coverage. The programming staff are storytellers who reach deeply into the community to reflect the voices of the Seattle region.
Operating a network of 12 radio signals that cover Western Washington, KNKX reaches 325,000 listeners weekly. In addition, KNKX.org and its 24-hour jazz stream, Jazz24, reach 350,000 listeners every month online. KNKX has millions of views on its YouTube channel of live jazz and blues performances.
KNKX is funded by a loyal community of listeners who value the station’s independence. In August of 2016, after an unprecedented public effort to save the station, it became independently licensed and changed its name from KPLU to KNKX, which stands for “Connects” to acknowledge its commitment to inspire, educate and entertain its audiences by reflecting their vital local community.
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.