Public Media Account Executive - KUER
Do you love Public Media?
Combine Your Love of Sales with Your Affinity for KUER
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team representing KUER 90.1 in Salt Lake City, UT. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to generate sponsorship revenue for radio, on-demand audio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
In this outside sales position, you will sell broadcast, digital media and event sponsorships by developing new business and growing an account list.
An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you will make sales calls to decision-makers at local businesses to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position – you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals supported by relevant research, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess
- Experience in media sales or agency– 3+ years in print or digital preferred
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- Passion for public media – we’re looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about KUER programming and events
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Capacity to gather market data and create a story to sell multiple media platforms
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on service, trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Persuasive verbal communication skills and written presentation skills
- Collaborative personality, respectful, supportive and professional
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- Commitment to professional, timely execution of responsibilities
- Time and resource management skills
- Technology skills: CRM, Excel and PowerPoint
About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity fuels mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
About Our Client KUER
KUER public radio, a charter member of National Public Radio (NPR), broadcasts from the Eccles Broadcast Center at The University of Utah. Founded in 1960, KUER 90.1 provides a commercial-free mix of NPR®, BBC and local news to over 160,000 weekly listeners. With a growing digital footprint of over 82,000 monthly unique website visitors, 5,600 mobile app users, and 17,000 social media followers throughout Utah and beyond, it is the largest state-wide NPR station in Utah. KUER provides access to local news and information through its extensive 35 translator and six transmitter network. In addition to its FM channel at 90.1, KUER also broadcasts two additional channels in high-definition (HD). KUER2 features the BBC World Service and KUER3 offers traditional and contemporary classical music.
KUER fundamentally believes that information and public engagement enrich a community and is intensely committed to building a community of world citizens through story and art, discussion and debate, sound and creativity. KUER’s work is driven by their Public Service Mission: to enhance the lives of its audience with a blend of news, information and entertainment in an unbiased, non-commercial context and create an ongoing source of service and support vital to community organizations.
KUER is home to an award-winning news team, now featuring two Southern Utah bureaus. Local news includes short and long-form stories, ranging in topics from health and politics to the environment and the arts. KUER's local interview program, RadioWest, highlights the best in arts, culture, and politics and explores the way the world works with authors, politicians, artists and others.
Market Enginuity Offers
- Market competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, tax-favored spending accounts, life, disability, accident, critical illness, employee assistance program, pet insurance and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with Paid Time Off and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.