Sales Development Strategist
Passionate about cutting edge audio and eager to learn the business of advertising and media sales?
The Market Enginuity Podcast Group is seeking a Sales Development Strategist to join our New York team representing the PRX / Radiotopia network of top-ranked podcasts and nationally syndicated broadcast programs including 99% Invisible, Ted Talks Daily, The Moth Radio Hour, and The Takeaway.
Serve as an integral, internal partner to our national sales team and “go to” person for Account Executives. Core functions include:
- Build sales decks and client presentations
- Write compelling proposals (RFPs) to win client business
- Implement and optimize campaigns
- Respond to a range of client requests / inquiries and enable Account Executives to maximize their direct, revenue generating activities
- Coordinate with Account Executives to develop up-sell and / or annual renewal strategies
- Support traffic for Account Executives
For those specifically interested in moving towards a career as an outside salesperson, specialized assignments include:
- Generate leads
- Oversee and allocate “call-in” business ensuring account assignment and client outreach in timely fashion
- Assist on maintenance and implementation of CRM as a prospecting and pipeline tool
- Develop b2b promotional strategies based on case studies and / or client testimonials to generate new business opportunities
- Create a strategy to focus efforts, energy and resources on verticals / clients that help Account Executives better identify short and long-term revenue opportunities
- Prepare and distribute specialized incentive programs to Account Executives and clients
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Broadcast Journalism or similar major
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting and collaborating with digital media, advertising, marketing or business development sales teams. Account management experience is a plus.
- Research skills – ability to be thoughtful about research and the data needed to write persuasively
- Proficiency using Nielsen, Nielsen Audio, Scarborough Research or Google Analytics or similar market research tools
- Experience using CRM systems such as Salesforce, Oracle, SAP and Efficio
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal and external contacts. We are looking for someone who has an impressive reputation and ability to work with people at all levels of an organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Self-management - solution-oriented with a bias towards action. Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision. Highly dependable and strong professional demeanor
- Enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
At Market Enginuity, We Do Work That Matters:
At Market Enginuity, we fuel mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets.
Market Enginuity Offers:
- Market competitive compensation
- “Start-Up” atmosphere with above average learning opportunities, professional development, and opportunity to make impact
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, tax-favored spending accounts, disability and life insurance, employee assistance program, pet insurance, and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with our Personal Time Off (PTO) program and Holiday Schedule
- Occasional ability to work remotely
- Fun, scrappy, cohesive team committed to one another and the company mission
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.