Public Media Account Executive - WFAE
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team representing WFAE 90.7, Charlotte’s NPR News Source. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for radio, on-demand audio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
Market Enginuity fuels mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work.
Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
About WFAE 90.7
WFAE 90.7, Charlotte’s NPR New Source, provides news and information for the Charlotte region and is one of the country’s leading public radio stations. Connecting with over 350,000 on-air listeners each month, WFAE offers a broad range of award-winning national, international and regional news from National Public Radio (NPR), the BBC, Public Radio International, American Public Media and the WFAE newsroom. WFAE produces "Charlotte Talks", a daily signature talk show, hosted by radio veteran Mike Collins, along a growing library of locally-produced and locally-relevant podcasts.
An independent, non-profit organization, WFAE 90.7 is licensed to the University Radio Foundation, Inc. with additional frequencies in Hickory (90.3FM), Laurinburg (106.1FM) and Southern Pines (93.7FM).
Combine Your Love of Sales with Your Affinity for WFAE
In this outside sales position, you will sell broadcast, digital media and event sponsorships by developing new business and growing an account list.
An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you will make sales calls to decision-makers at local businesses to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position - you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess
- Experience in media sales or agency experience – 3 years in print or digital preferred
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about WFAE 90.7 programming and events.
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Time and resource management skills
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple media platforms
- Technology skills: Online CRM, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
Market Enginuity Offers
- Market competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, tax-favored spending accounts, disability and life plans, employee assistance program and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with Paid Time Off and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.