Public Media Account Executive - Houston Public Media
DO YOU LOVE PUBLIC MEDIA?
Check out this multi-platform sales opportunity in Houston
Combine Your Love of Sales with Your Affinity for Houston Public Media
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team representing Houston Public Media (PBS TV 8 | NPR News 88.7 | Classical) in Houston, TX. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for radio, TV, on-demand audio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
In this outside sales position, you will sell broadcast, digital media and event sponsorships by developing new business and growing an account list.
An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you will make sales calls to decision-makers at local businesses to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position – you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals supported by relevant research, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess
- Experience in media sales– 3 years in print, digital or radio preferred
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about Houston Public Media programming and events.
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Time and resource management skills
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple media platforms
- Technology skills: Online CRM, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on service, trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Persuasive verbal communication skills and written presentation skills
- Collaborative personality, respectful, supportive and professional
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- Commitment to professional, timely execution of work activities
About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity fuels mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work.
Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
About Our Client Houston Public Media
Houston Public Media provides informative, thought-provoking and entertaining content through a multi-media platform that reaches a combined weekly audience of more than 1.5 million. Focused on delivering high quality local, regional and national content in the areas of news and information, arts and culture, and education, Houston Public Media utilizes its broadcast and online outlets to provide audiences with unprecedented access to the content that is meaningful to them – on air, online, at home and everywhere they go. Houston Public Media is built on 60 years of success in public radio and television, including TV 8’s distinction as the nation’s first educational public television station. Throughout its history, Houston Public Media has remained committed to service which educates children, informs citizens and lifts the spirits of the community. Houston Public Media’s goal, through quality content, is to serve as the catalyst that takes audiences beyond the ordinary, beyond Houston and beyond the world they know. The organization is a community service of the University of Houston.
Market Enginuity Offers
- Market competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, tax-favored spending accounts, disability and life plans, employee assistance program, pet insurance and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with Paid Time Off and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.