Magnolia River is seeking a Stand-By and Watch Technician for the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas.
Primary Function: Responsible for coordinating and monitoring of third-party exposing Company transmission and distribution systems and facilities, as applicable for external and internal excavators for the purpose of preventing damages. Performs such work in accordance with Company, regulatory and safety procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees pipeline and distribution high pressure crossings by third-party contractors.Attend are North Texas Damage Prevention Council meeting where possible.
- Keep daily report of construction contractors progress on job(s).
- Works with Company crews and outside contractors to have excavations performed with the purpose of damage prevention.
- Verifies locates placed by others to validate approximate location of underground facilities (transmission and distribution systems).
- Conducts investigations of natural gas facility damages.
- Maintains working relationship with area excavators, municipalities, and Company personnel responsible for excavation activities. Reports any suspected damages to Clients system.
- Is responsible for contact with area excavators, municipalities, and Company personnel responsible for excavation activities.
- Verifies the accuracy of company maps and records as they relate to damage prevention.
- Reads and interprets natural gas pipeline system maps.
- Completes and maintains accurate encroachment documentation to comply with Company and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all incidents, near misses and unsafe activities to the client, supervision and/or Human Resources.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to hold stand-by duty, emergency call outs and occasional extensive hours.
- Identifies, addresses, and reports safety and encroachment issues to resolution and completion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read construction prints.
- Required to maintain accurate project records during construction.
- Must adhere to safety standards and take a proactive role in reducing safety risk.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to rapidly establish credibility and relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a related underground construction industry is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to operate a car or truck.
- Hands-on construction or excavation experience is desired.
- Duties are performed primarily in an outdoor setting with exposure to changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform moderate physical activity including somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature (including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting).
- Ambulatory across uneven surfaces of a construction excavation work zone, frequent bending at knees and waist.
- Must be able to perform work in a very loud, active construction environment.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Requires the acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
- Must be able to lift tools, equipment and materials up to and including 60 pounds.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time.