CWI Rover Inspector
Magnolia River is seeking a Rover Inspector with their CWI certification!
Are you tired of staring at the same stretch of right of away for months on end? Tired of living in constant anxiety, wondering if today is the day they’re going to lay you off? Growing weary of sitting at home with no money, no benefits, and no job prospects, anxiously hoping a recruiter will call?
Do you enjoy working on projects in multiple locations throughout the year but hate the prospect of constantly looking for your next job? Do you possess above average computer, writing, and observation skills? Are you experienced in natural gas systems construction? Do you want to work for a company that values your experience and perspective?
Do you firmly believe in treating others around you with the same respect and dignity that you expect to be treated with? If the answers to these questions are yes, then a career as a Nationwide Rover Inspector at Magnolia River may be right for you.
Your job will consist of inspecting the proper construction of natural gas transmission and distribution systems in multiple locations across the United States. You will record GPS points, ensure adherence to client construction specifications, state and local regulations, with an emphasis on safety. This IS year-round, full-time work, with incredible benefits at an amazing company!
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- CWI Certification is required for this CWI Rover Inspector position
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to operate a car or truck.
- Hands-on construction experience is desired.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the natural gas industry is preferred.
- Experience with Polyethylene pipe fusion and as-built drawings is preferred.
- Extensive travel is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the job and construction route of the pipe prior to project start.
- Obtain and review appropriate maps to ensure flow of the pipe.
- Check material list on all documents and be sure all materials are in stock.
- Meet with contractor to review job and discuss any concerns they may have. Obtain crew list and confirm that they are Operator Qualified.
- Map progress of job daily.
- Make field decisions on line placement when unknown conflicts come up.
- Verify tie-in points.
- Understand Best Management Practices including, but not limited to, proper placement of silt fencing and hay socks.
- Visually inspect the welding requirements for taps and tees and ensure adherence to all fusion procedures.
- Maintain appropriate OQ skills.
- Observe and document proper keeping of pipelines.
- Understand meter sizing and gas flow rates for different size service lines.
- Determine if services need to be installed.
- Coordinate tie-ins with construction department and service re-builds with service department.
- Understand meter placement for relocates and move outs.
- Create online daily report of all activities on job.
- Coordinate landscaping issues.
- Audit contractor paving bills and pay sheets.
- Complete all paperwork including but not limited to OQ list, completion report, as –built install and retirement drawings, material list, anode cards, pressure test charts, service data, and service field orders.
- May assist with the coordination of construction activities with local, state and government agencies.
- Meet with area businesses and school officials to determine and minimize construction disruptions including but not limited to school bus routes and sidewalk traffic.
- Meet with city inspectors before construction starts to address any concerns they may have including but not limited to start and stop times prior to job start.
- Understand city and county paving cut and backfill standards.
- Coordinate paving and concrete repairs with paving contractor.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all incidents, near misses and unsafe activities to the client, supervision and/or Human Resources.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve goals.
- Extensive travel required throughout the areas we serve.
- Working short term projects, filling in for other inspectors, and special assignments inspecting for multiple clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read construction prints.
- Must have ability to sketch construction drawings and/or to use software for construction diagrams.
- Required to maintain accurate project records during construction.
- Must adhere to safety standards and take a proactive role in reducing safety risk.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to rapidly establish credibility and relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Duties are performed primarily in an outdoor setting with exposure to changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform moderate physical activity including somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Ambulatory across uneven surfaces of a construction excavation work zone, climb in and out of ditches using a ladder, frequent bending at knees and waist.
- Must be able to perform work in a very loud, active construction environment.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
Magnolia River is a client focused, quality driven company that provides a wide array of infrastructure solutions. Areas of expertise include pipeline, energy, GIS, surveying & mapping, and software products.
Magnolia River has compiled a progressive, winning team that has a passion for people and success! Our core values of Passion and Integrity play a large role in our corporate and personal lives. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including 401(k), medical and dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD.
Magnolia River is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.