Water Distribution Inspector
Our Water Inspectors capture detailed project documentation, including as-built drawings, and create daily reports on all activities on the construction job site. If you have a passion for our industry, are a stickler for grammar and spelling in online reports and enjoy working with people, stop worrying about where your next paycheck is coming from!
Your job will consist of meeting with residents, working with various governmental agencies and coordinating with the contractor and client. You will record GPS points and make sure everyone on the job site is working safely.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in water/waste water is preferred.
- Experience with Polyethylene pipe fusion, PVC plumbing construction and as-built drawings is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to operate a car or truck.
- Hands-on construction experience is desired.
- Proficient Computer skills – MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
- OSHA 10 preferred.
- Extensive travel required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain appropriate maps to review proposed construction.
- Walk door to door, meeting with all residential customers to address any concerns they have before construction begins; make notes and point out to customer any concrete or paving damage prior to starting project to avoid problems later.
- Check material list on all documents and document when materials are delivered.
- Meet with contractor to review job and discuss any concerns they may have and obtain crew list and confirm that they are qualified.
- Document progress of job daily, incorporating Magnolia-River’s tracking software.
- Make placement suggestions of water lines when unexpected conflicts come up.
- Verify tie-in points.
- Understand Best Management Practices including, but not limited to, proper placement of silt fencing and hay socks.
- Review welding requirements for taps and tees to ensure adherence to all procedures.
- Understand meter sizing and water flow rates.
- Coordinate tie-ins with construction department and service re-builds with service department.
- Keep daily report of all activities on job.
- Coordinate resolutions for landscaping issues.
- Document all aspects of construction, including but not limited to; client required certifications, completion report, as–built install and retirement drawings, material list, anode placement, pressure test charts, service data, and service field orders.
- May assist with the coordination of construction activities with local, state and government agencies.
- Meet with area businesses and school officials to determine and minimize construction disruptions including but not limited to school bus routes and sidewalk traffic.
- Meet with city inspectors before construction starts to address any concerns they may have including but not limited to start and stop times prior to job start.
- Understand city and county paving cut and backfill standards.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all incidents, near misses and unsafe activities to the client, supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read construction prints.
- Must be able to sketch construction drawings and/or to use software for construction diagrams.
- Required to maintain accurate project records daily during construction.
- Must adhere to safety standards and take a proactive role in reducing safety risk.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to rapidly establish credibility and relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Duties are performed primarily in an outdoor setting with exposure to changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform moderate physical activity including somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Ambulatory across uneven surfaces of a construction excavation work zone, climb in and out of ditches using a ladder, frequent bending at knees and waist.
- Must be able to perform work in a very loud, active construction environment.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
Magnolia River is a client focused, quality driven company that provides a wide array of infrastructure solutions. Areas of expertise include pipeline, energy, GIS, surveying & mapping, and software products.
Magnolia River has compiled a progressive, winning team that has a passion for people and success! Our core values of Passion and Integrity play a large role in our corporate and personal lives. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including 401(k), medical and dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD.
Magnolia River is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.