Human Resource Manager
Primary Function: Under general direction, the Human Resource Manager will assist in the management of human resources activities to ensure legally sound and effective practices. He/she will provide direction to existing human resource staff regarding daily transactional tasks and will have primary responsibility for benefits and compliance activities. This individual will provide services as a business partner to other departments and assist with staffing and performance management issues and concerns. They will assist in the interpretation and recommendation of personnel policies and regulations including communication of these policy and practices to Magnolia River personnel.
Attaching a cover letter is highly recommended.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that department operations contribute to the attainment of Magnolia River goals and objectives.
- Recommend policies that improve human resource related programs.
- Manage benefit and compliance activities.
- Participate in professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of human resource rules, regulations, and practices.
- Ensure the proper compilation, maintenance, and filing of all physical and computerized reports, records, and other required documents.
- Work cooperatively with various managers and staff to define staffing needs required to support their requirements.
- Support the performance evaluation program and to help ensure that it is implemented effectively and uniformly.
- Plan, evaluate and administer the equal employment opportunity provisions and work cooperatively with others to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- May serve as a liaison between various departments to determine training needs.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Subject matter expert for benefit-related activities.
- Subject matter expert for compliance related activities.
- Strong knowledge of general HR practice.
- Knowledge of the recruitment and selection process.
- Ability to implement policy and procedures.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Ability to manage personnel.
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or in a business-related discipline from a four-year college or university plus at least seven (7) years of directly related experience plus a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience, OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CEBS and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Duties are performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- Consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time.