We are seeking a Project Manager for Lansing, Michigan.
Primary Function: The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for all non-technical aspects of natural gas projects (costs, schedule, communication, billing, closeout, etc.). The PM is required to have a solid understanding of the natural gas industry. The PM works with the Technical Lead (TL) and/or the Program Manager to complete projects within scope, on schedule, and on budget.
•Scope – Change orders
•Schedule – Project plans, meetings, assignments
•Communication – Clients PM’s, subcontractors, business development
▪Calls, meetings, action item follow-up
▪Management reporting, project management software updating
▪Cross-divisional support and project transition to other operating divisions
•Accounting – Time card review, invoicing, project profitability (gross margin analysis, financial status reports)
•Closeout – Lessons learned, accounting invoice close-out
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Be willing and able to accept the responsibilities of this position, our culture, and a commitment to excellence. Do your job, do it well, and do it on time.
•Must be able to work well with TL’s, anticipating project demands and resolving issues that arise during the project life-cycle.
•Responsible to have a full understanding of project requirements (e.g., client, industry, government) and place team members in a project role that meets the scope, schedule, and budget requirements of the project.
•Develop and maintain a professional rapport with client, project team members, and internal/external stakeholders.
•Demonstrate leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skills; assist with training,development, annual appraisal, and supervision of divisional employees as applicable.
•Maintain target billable goals and participate in process improvement team efforts to achieve divisional/company objectives.
•Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Ability to prepare project plans, reports, documents, and procedures to address specific project or divisional needs.
•Ability to prepare and interpret financial reports on project profitability and spending.
•Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally with project team, management, staff, and clients/stakeholders.
•Knowledge of computer applications and functions including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and project management software (Microsoft Project, Project Insight, etc.).
•Be organized, work in a team environment, and direct the duties of others efficiently.
•Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
•Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to travel and work extended hours for project assignments and meetings.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university is required; general civil design experience and project management experience; or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
• 5 years of experience is preferred.
• Natural gas experience is required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
• Completion of numerous diverse project types (linear transmission/distribution with up to 10% field work, replacement, M&R station design, HDD, modeling, compressor station design).
• Duties are performed in an office environment.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
• Consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.