The Regional Account Manager (RAM) is responsible for helping improve client financial results by applying the full representation of Magnolia River Strategic Business Unit deliverables. The RAM will identify, qualify, pursue, and close new business for profitable company growth by applying an evergreen territory business development plan.
This position requires frequent travel to client sites, trade shows, training classes, workshops and other venues affecting growth of sales revenue; approximately 70% travel.
The ideal location for this position is in Houston, TX or Dallas, TX.
Education and Experience:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Construction, GIS, or similar) is preferred or other undergraduate degree with an MBA
- At least five years of work experience in a technical field, gas distribution preferred OR
- A combination of education and experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Fully represent positive growth of all Magnolia River Strategic Business Unit deliverables within the assigned territory.
- Engineering, Inspections, GIS, Software, as well as custom-tailored solutions that serve the common interests of Magnolia River and the client.
- Early identification of new business and growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales coverage plan for all existing and potential clients within the assigned territory.
- Conduct local and on-site “prospecting” activities to introduce new deliverables and/or reinforce existing Magnolia River capabilities.
- Develop an evergreen strategic account plan that transitions the customer from a price-based buyer to a value-based buyer of Magnolia River deliverables.
- Thoroughly qualifies, strategically pursues, and closes new business leveraging differentiated messaging.
- Leverages structured sales calls and value-based consultative-selling skills.
- Actively manages opportunities within the Magnolia River sales funnel system.
- Exhibit professionalism, always demonstrating principles of servant leadership and actively representing the Magnolia River Core Values.
- Supports Operations staff with information for them to make sound go/no go pursuit decisions.
- Supports marketing and communications activities for managing the Magnolia River brand.
- Supports all colleagues in achieving overall corporate goals.
- Uses sound judgment in consideration of cost-effective use of resources.
- Performs all required administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Supports development and execution of the Corporate Strategic Plan and BD Operating Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Tactful ability to guide thinking and behavior of self and others. Adapt, adjust, and manage emotions to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to blend an understanding of the customer’s business climate, budgets, organizational structure, personalities, and decision-making criteria to expand business.
- Proficient in Outlook and MS Office programs.
- Proficient in use of CRM tools (SalesForce.com preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication, project coordination, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong problem identification and ability to cast vision of value-based solution(s).
- Ability to manage objections with diplomacy and pursue “win-win” outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Ability to perform in a detail-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work with autonomy and within a larger team.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and ability to inspire enthusiasm in others.
- High integrity.
- Desire for ongoing technical information exchange with clients and colleagues.