There’s public. There’s private. And then there’s LURIE.™
Lurie, LLP is seeking an entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, detail and team-oriented Assistant Controller to join our firm. You will lead in the preparation of the monthly financial statements and assist with assembling any reports requested by the Director of Finance/Controller and Partners. Oversee and perform all day-to-day cash management reporting; record transactions within established systems and procedures; and keep statistical and financial data current. Must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. There will be periodic needs for overtime, though your ideas and innovation will minimize those.
- Complete month-end close and prepare monthly financial statements and analysis timely and accurately.
- Prepare various financial reports & analysis and other ad hoc reports as requested. Assist in cash management of the firm, including initiating bank transfers. Review and approve transactions for appropriate coding to general ledger.
- Reconcile, monitor and analyze general ledger accounts monthly; prepare year-end schedules and analysis as related to the general ledger
- Update Annual State registrations.
- Assist in the design and generation of new financial reports, work with HR on compensation tracking & analysis, support the Internal Accounting team in coverage of other responsibilities as needed.
- Must work independently to make deadlines and consistently communicate progress and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with emphasis in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience, preferably in the professional services industry but not a non-starter
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial statements & data flow
- High proficiency with technology and ability to efficiently integrate data from varied sources.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Self-motivated with drive for accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous payroll and benefits exposure
- CPA designation preferred
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.