Accounting Services Service Line Leader - Director
Lurie LLP seeks a person with strong leadership skills as a Director & Service Line Leader in our fast-growing YourBooksTM team. YourBooksTM provides a comprehensive outsourced accounting, payroll, and sales & use tax service to small businesses. We are looking for an individual that thrives in a team environment with a passion for collaboration, client service and efficiencies. This is a great role for anyone looking for continued advancement opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead, motivate and engage the team to provide best in class service.
- Manage workflow and staffing
- Resolve technical and client-service questions
- Produce clients who are cheerleaders for the business
- Manage profitability of the service line
- Content knowledge and practical experience with
- all facets of bookkeeping through financial statement preparation, including reconciliation of bank statements & various accounts as needed,
- payroll & payroll tax return preparation & filling procedures,
- sales & use tax return preparation & filing procedures,
- reviewing work of the team and problem solving.
- Serve multiple clients across diverse industries
- Participate in client sales and onboarding meetings
- B.S. w/ emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years bookkeeping/accounting experience and 5 years management experience
- Advanced user of technology
- Proven track record of automating manual processes to increase efficiency and timeliness
- Payroll experience required. Experience with Intuit Online Payroll for Accounting Professionals is a plus
- QuickBooks experience, especially Online, Pro or Premier Accounting. QuickBooks Certified preferred.
- Bill.com experience is a plus
- Client service experience strongly desired
- Ability to work with multiple clients in different industries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven results and strong interest in leveraging technology and efficiencies