2023 Technology Consulting Internship
Lurie, LLP’s Technology Consulting practice conducts IT security and compliance consulting engagements throughout the country. Our fun team of professionals ranges from recent college graduates to senior leaders. We continually seek to add top Accounting and MIS students to our ever-growing team. Our interns work alongside our existing team and serve clients as if they are full-time associates from day one.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- SOC readiness and SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC 3 engagements, security assessments, ISO assessments, NIST assessments, IT/IS departmental assessments, Information Technology Strategic Plans, Disaster recovery/business continuity/COOP plans.
- Working with clients to provide project updates, professional advice, making presentations to boards, committees, task forces, and other groups as
- Assisting in issuing written and oral reports; performing duties and checking work-product for exactness, and conformance to departmental standards.
- Identifying value-added suggestions from engagements through a course of continuous process improvement.
- Performing and supervising the timely completion of projects according to job budgets and imposed deadlines.
- Supporting and providing input to a philosophy of continuous process improvement within the department.
- Exercising strong judgment in dealing with clients and members of the Department and firm as well as in establishing the best course of action for the successful management of each engagement.
- Creating engagement strategies and plans, maintaining and adhering to budgets, scheduling projects and utilizing staff for appropriate workloads.
- Drafting and assisting in the delivery of proposals for engagements that span the range of their technical service area.
- Possessing technical expertise and a strong reputation in technology as well as their given specialty service line.
- Maintaining relationships with key business contacts and developing new contacts.
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA in Accounting, MIS, Business, or related function.
- Creativity in analyzing situations and performing work as well as strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interested in obtaining Certifications (CPA, CISA, CISM, MBCP, CGEIT, CRISC, and CISSP)
- Ability to seize initiative and take responsibility
- Ability to travel nationally 25-30%
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.