Senior Android Software Engineer
SENIOR ANDROID SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Lucid Motors is an electric car company in Silicon Valley, CA that is developing an iconic new electric car from the ground up. Our mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Android Software Engineer to join our Vehicle Infotainment team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work in conjunction with the user experience design team to define, scope, and refine the user-facing features and interactions.
- Design, implement, and deliver the in-vehicle software utilizing the underlying platform, frameworks, and SDKs.
- Work in conjunction with platform software engineers to analyze and optimize the system to achieve a highly responsive user experience.
- Diagnose, analyze, and resolve relevant issues based on testing, and user validation.
You Should Have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in Android development, and proven industry experience of shipping Android software products.
- Domain knowledge and experience of software development on the Android system, and have worked with multiple area of Android SDK.
- Proficiency in Java programming to write clean and well structured code.
- Experience with IDEs, source code management, unit testing, code review, issue tracking, and graphics performance analysis tools.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively.
- Passion for user interactions and doing so with excellence.
- Desire and willingness to constantly learn new knowledge and skills.
- Experience with automotive infotainment systems, but not required.
- Experience building maps and navigation software.
- Familiarity working with Linux / embedded systems.
- Experience working with Android framework, HAL, and building AOSP.
- Experience working in an Agile software development process. Able to rapidly prototype UI solutions for internal demonstrations and technical evaluations.
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields
Be part of something Amazing:
Welcome to a better place to do your life’s work.
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Lucid Motors is making unprecedented breakthroughs in clean technology. Work alongside some of the best, most accomplished minds in the automotive industry.
Beyond providing competitive salaries and meaningful equity, we’re providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we’d love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
At Lucid Motors, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
To all recruitment agencies:
Lucid does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid employees. Lucid is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.