DevOps Engineer (Python/Linux/Jenkins)
Required Skills / Competencies:
- A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests
- An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn’t clear Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems
- In-depth knowledge of Python programming and the Linux environment.
- Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards.
- Experience developing tools and/or plugins
- Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Experience developing with C++
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis Experience writing RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing against and/or deploying Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of the standard python packaging and installation tool-chain VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience
- Experience with Maya, Katana and Nuke Experience with Renderman, vray or Arnold Experience developing on Windows
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven experience in the visual effects or computer animation industries is useful, but not essential