Reports to and collaborates with Executive Creative Producer to fulfill the creative and technical vision for ILMxLAB projects (i.e. VR, AR, Interactive Storytelling, etc.) – on-time and on-budget delivery while maintaining the highest quality of work including but not limited to ‘ILM quality’ visual bar, compelling interactive design, ‘Sky Sound’ quality audio, strong story, and bug-free release.
● Simultaneously manage one or more ILMxLAB immersive entertainment projects from award through product release and support.
● Develop and implement production plan ensuring on-time final delivery of a high-quality experience for multiple platforms. Responsible for ensuring that milestones and quality targets are met.
● Create project budget; prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for each project. In collaboration with the Executive Creative Producer, help implement the new business model that incorporates sharing in financial upside in the event of monetization.
● Collaborates with talent and engineering managers to create and execute staffing plan for projects.
● Communicate frequently with key stakeholders on the status of projects.
● Partner with Experience Director(s) and Visual Supervisor(s) to develop the approach for creating the experience with regards to storytelling and imagery, and collaborate to establish and manage the scope of work for the project.
● Negotiate and manage relationships with third parties as needed (i.e. app developers, QA, art production, etc.)
● Partner with Marketing Producer to serve as client liaison for production matters, including: tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost and timeline of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure that internal and client stakeholders’ expectations are aligned.
● Inform and build features roadmaps, identifying critical path issues and thinking ‘outside the box’ to find efficient and effective solutions.
● Oversee QA process to ensure smooth and bug-free release
● In collaboration with Executive Producer(s), xLAB, support development of pitches for new projects.
● Manage crew performance. Supervise and train assigned production management staff. Responsible for crew motivation and morale during production.
● Maintain project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
● Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
● Minimum of seven years production experience in interactive games/software with two or more complete product development cycles/shipped titles.
● Three years of experience as a Lead, Senior, Supervising or Executive Producer, Sr. Development Director, or similar product owner role.
● Experience managing internal development teams, preferably on AAA titles.
● Strong commitment to achieving compelling story and high fidelity visual bar in addition to powerful interactive design.
● Experience managing external development work/outsourcing, including contract negotiation.
● Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects in various stages of production on aggressive timelines.
● Experience managing and creating complex budgets and schedules.
● Deep technical understanding of the software development process and requirements, ideally with experience using varies production methodologies.
● Experience identifying, managing, mitigating, and resolving risks. Strong ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts, while collaborating with team members of all levels.
● Proficiency in Macs/PCs including the Microsoft Office Suite and JIRA.
● Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks efficiently while meeting deadlines.