Production Financial Analyst
Skywalker Sound is looking for a Production Financial Analyst to join the Production Accounting Department located at Skywalker Ranch. This position will report to the Manager, Production Finance/Accounting and will work closely with Production Accounting department, Client Services, Management and Staff.
As the Production Financial Analyst you’ll be responsible for assisting various areas of the Production Accounting Department including, but not limited to, accounts payable/receivable, weekly payroll, project billing, bidding/forecasting, travel requests, and ad hoc analysis. The Production Financial Analyst is also responsible for the accurate processing of all production related expense reports. Responsibilities include interaction with Skywalker’s Supervising Sound Editors, Production Staff, and company Management, as well as limited interaction with studio clients. The ideal candidate will manage multiple projects and deadlines at any given time.
Collaboration and Teamwork are key words for the Production Financial Analyst.
- Process production related expense reports
- Track revenue and costs on projects providing cost reports and change orders as needed
- Perform accounting duties including spreadsheet analyses, A/R, P/R, G/L and journal entries
- Provide back-up to Payroll Accountant
- Under the direction of Manager, create and track project bids
- Invoice clients, prepare statements and make credit collection calls
- Prepare asset tracking, inventory and audits
- Under the direction of Manager, prepare revenue forecast analysis for monthly management report and yearly annual operating plan
- Set up travel and events as needed, in conjunction with Client Services
- Prepare ad hoc historical analysis of labor costs and project revenue
- Prepare margin reports and Journal Entries for month-end close
- Uses a computer keyboard at least 75% of total work time
Required Skills / Experience
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience in a production environment preferred
- Strong Excel Skills, proficient with a variety of software applications, which should include one or more, sophisticated accounting systems (such as Oracle, Oracle Projects, Discoverer, and/or Access)
- Understanding of accounting principles; an understanding of the post production process also helpful
- Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility, and reliability are critical
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a team
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize work and remain very detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Skywalker Sound
For more than a generation, Skywalker Sound has created soundscapes that have redefined aural immersion. Skywalker Sound specializes in sound design, mixing, and audio post-production across multiple mediums. From the gathering of real-life, organic sounds to developing new techniques in sound presentation, Skywalker Sound remains one of the world’s most innovative facilities — eager to explore, create, and venture into the unknown.