The GIS Technician will primarily be responsible for GIS mapping and coordination of alignment sheets and updates, and will support a wide variety of day-to-day data management tasks for our client’s GIS based projects. In addition, the GIS Technician will conduct field assessment activities, site investigations, routine soil sampling, and assisting with preparation of technical reports.
- Provide GIS support to project team members
- Create, organize, modify, and analyze geospatial data
- Utilize code based annotations, queries, data analysis using Python and/or Visual Basic
- Perform data collection, conversion, manipulation, and analysis on large data sets utilizing MS Access, MS Excel, and other tools.
- Perform ad hoc queries on multiple large data sets.
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures that support data sets.
- Work with other team members to ensure data files are accurately built and loaded and project schedule deadlines are met.
- Plan, perform, and organize field data collection and review.
- Conduct soil and groundwater sampling, site assessments, excavation oversight, and SPCC inspections, including data collection, scheduling, and data processing with technical oversight from a project or senior engineer.
- Assist with preparation of technical reports.
- Ability to represent LTE in a positive manner in front of Clients and communicate effectively with clients about project activities.
- Perform health & safety related activities.
- Perform regular field work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team
- Associate of Arts/Science Degree (or higher) in a GIS discipline, Engineering, Drafting, Design, Graphic Arts, Information Systems, Geography, Engineering, or a combination of education and equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of one year experience performing GIS data entry/editing, and figure creation utilizing ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 or higher.
- Must have experience working with shapefiles and Geodatabases
- Experience using ArcGIS 10.1 or higher daily required.
- Basic knowledge of hydrology, soils, wetlands, and sediment control is preferred. Oil and gas pipeline mapping/DOT-PHMSA is preferred.
- Familiar with Spatial Analyst extension is preferred.
- Experience in data management or data analysis.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, and Visio. AutoCAD is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Rockworks, Geospatial Modeling Environment, Deploy, Trimble GPS, GPS Pathfinder Office, Collector for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Google Earth.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements.
- Valid driver’s license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and successful completion of drug/alcohol screening and medical physical are required.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds, walk around construction sites, climb slopes, ladders, and berms, cross uneven terrain, and work around water, sometimes in extreme weather conditions.
LTE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.