Senior Scientist / Engineer - Carlsbad
The Senior Scientist / Engineer will primarily be responsible for assisting in the planning, field work and reporting phases for a wide range of multidisciplinary environmental projects, including preliminary assessments, site characterization, third party construction oversight, and remedial design and progress monitoring support. Other duties may include but not be limited to the following tasks: Data entry and analysis, report writing, QA/QC documentation and processes, completing due diligence assessments.
- Manage Remediation projects including data collection, scheduling, subcontractor oversight, and plan development with technical oversight from a senior geologist.
- Manage SPCC inspections, data collection, scheduling, and plan development with technical oversight from a project or senior engineer.
- Plan, direct, and oversee the successful and safe delivery of work scope, schedule, budgets, and client expectations for engineering and environmental projects. Manage projects from beginning to end with a high level of execution and with minimal supervision.
- Perform site assessment activities, such as installing remediation and monitoring wells, groundwater monitoring, conduct utility locates, excavation oversight and sampling, USCS soil boring logs, Phase I environmental assessments, and environmental due diligence.
- Conduct environmental drilling assessments using hollow stem augers and/or direct push drill rigs.
- Plan, perform, and organize field data collection and review.
- Oversee field crews performing general environmental services, permitting and coordination of field activities, and interacting with team members.
- Develop technical reports, proposals, health and safety plans, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Ability to represent LTE in a positive manner in front of Clients.
- Occasional field work.
- Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline. Current OSHA HAZWOPER is preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of Environmental or applicable work experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of groundwater and soil sampling, environmental site assessments, environmental drilling, and hydrogeologic process.
- Strong project management skills and experience in all aspects of environmental consulting/engineering projects.
- Personnel management experience.
- Experience with oil & gas operations is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Excellent presentation skills; and Proficient with Internet and MS Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, key players, terminology, and overall economics of the marketplace.
- Ability to publicly represent LTE with existing and prospective clients and at events and seminars.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. LogPlot is preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and a commitment to safe operations.
LTE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.