Project Environmental Scientist
The Project Environmental Scientist will primarily be responsible for the planning/scoping, field work oversight and reporting phases for a wide range of multidisciplinary environmental projects including stormwater construction, stormwater dewatering, LDAR, site characterization, spill response, in situ and ex situ remediation, due diligence, reclamation monitoring, and ecological surveys . Other duties may include asbestos surveys, pressurized oil sampling, and SPCC projects.
Your Day-to-Day Job Duties:
- Planning, directing, and overseeing the successful and safe delivery of work scope, schedule, budgets, and client expectations for engineering and environmental projects. Manage projects from beginning to end with a high level of execution and with some supervision.
- Complete and/or manage others to complete compliance projects such as LDAR, SPCC, and stormwater, and reclamation inspections, which typically includes scheduling, data collection, field data review, and communication to the client.
- Perform and/or manage others performing site assessment activities, which may include utility locate requests, generation of sampling plans, coordination with the analytical lab, subcontracting, installation of remediation and monitoring wells via hollow stem auger or direct push drill rigs, USCS boring logs, groundwater sampling, including low flow methods, field screening/parameter collection, sample collection and shipping.
- Perform and/or manage other performing remediation activities including excavation oversight and sampling, mechanical system installation and subsequent operation and maintenance.
- Coordination of Phase I environmental assessments, and environmental due diligence projects for asset transfers.
- Prep and provide training/instructions to field staff who will carry out the field work portion of projects.
- Oversee subcontractors, coordinate field activities, provide project updates to clients and upper management.
- Generation of technical reports, regulator negotiations, new work proposals, health and safety plans, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Ability to represent LTE in a positive manner in front of clients and communicate effectively with clients about project activities.
- Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline. For the right candidate, professional experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum of six years of professional experience as an employee or consultant in the oil and gas industry.
- Current OSHA 40-HOUR HAZWOPER certification is preferred.
- Understanding of groundwater and soil sampling, environmental site assessments, environmental drilling, and hydrogeologic processes.
- FLIR certification, CABI certification, and experience with ecological/biological assessments are preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Mechanical aptitude, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A safety oriented mindset and respect for and awareness of applicable environmental regulations.
- Strong project management skills, technical writing skills, people skills, and time management skills.
- Experience with standard computer programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe, and GIS products.
- Have a valid driver’s license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and a commitment to safe operations.
- Must be physically able to walk around construction sites, climb slopes and berms, and cross uneven terrain, sometimes in extreme weather conditions.
- Must work in alignment with LTE’s nine corporate values: Work safely; Care for client; Be honest, forthright, and truthful; Be fair (balanced); Respect everyone; Show compassion; Assume good; Do High quality work; and Protect the environment.
LTE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.