Construction Safety Specialist
The Construction Safety Specialist will primarily be responsible for oversight of on-site construction safety and health activities and requirements and to work closely with site management, conduct safety audits, risk assessments, and other safety related activities and audits. The Construction Safety Specialist will be expected to have a basic knowledge of construction and the equipment as it pertains to job itself. This is a first shift part-time temporary position.
- Oversight of safety on construction projects at the client site.
- Plan, perform, and organize field data collection and review.
- Implement safety training and new safety protocols when needed.
- Perform health & safety related activities, such as reviewing JSA at client site
- Perform safety audits, and risk assessments.
- Administer safety & environmental plans.
- File reports
- Conduct regular field work.
- Interact and work as a team with all levels of employees to achieve job goals, while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to represent LTE in a positive manner in front of Clients and communicate effectively with clients about project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, safety or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of Construction safety or electric safety experience is required.
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) certification or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements on construction is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel locally, work independently, and work outdoors.
- ave a valid driver’s license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and a commitment to safe operations.
- Applicant must pass LTE’s drug screen and baseline physical, and client’s background check.
- Must be physically able to walk around construction sites, climb ladders, slopes and berms, and cross uneven terrain, sometimes in extreme weather conditions.