Software Engineer (Java) - Site Reliability
About the role….
Logic 20/20 is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team to support the development and operations of a large-scale application, developing new features and capabilities to be deployed to AWS cloud.
Our client is looking to integrate and embed DevOps Engineers within the existing development teams to provide support across the full software development life-cycle for their AWS-based core social media infrastructure.
Within the team structure, you will have a key role in increasing the system’s reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation.
In this role, you will put to use a diverse set of technical expertise; including DevOps tooling, troubleshooting and debug skills, cloud computing, coding/scripting and infrastructure engineering to provide outstanding customer experiences. Beyond your technical qualification, you will also have a healthy combination of cross-group collaboration skills, communication and relationship building skills.
- Cloud DevOps experience of at least five (5) years; specifically AWS.
- 2-3 years software development experience with Java
- Strong knowledge/experience with microservices and use of containers (e.g. Docker, Marathon/Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Logging and Monitoring Telemetry (e.g. ELK, Splunk, App Dynamics, Grafana, CloudWatch)
- Experience in software Project life cycle activities designing, supporting and deploying systems comprising one or more of the following: Cassandra, Kafka, DynamoDB
- CI/CD Pipeline experience (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential
- Experience with Jira and helpdesk tools (Remedy, PIER, ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) – incident management, problem management, release management.
We're focused on those with strong communication, development production support and AWS cloud deployment experience.
Do you also have a demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts, combined with a high degree of intellectual curiosity? Come join us...
About Logic20/20. . .
Logic20/20 is one of Seattle’s fastest growing full-service consulting firms. Our core competency is creating simplicity and efficiency in complex solutions. Although we make it look like magic, we succeed by combining methodical and structured approaches with our substantial experience to design elegant solutions for even the most intricate challenges. Our rapid growth is in response to our ability to deliver consistently for our clients, which is directly related to the quality of the people we hire.
The past three years, we’ve been in the top 10 “Best Companies to Work For”. Our team members are highly self-motivated, comfortable conceiving strategies on the fly, and enjoy working both individually and as part of a team. Our environment is very high-energy and demanding, and individuals with remarkable enthusiasm and a can-do attitude are joining our team. We have lots of fun, focus on our employees and our clients, and work to bring our best to every opportunity.