Sr. Data Engineer - BI, Analyst, Cloud
Developer – Big Data
About the Role. . .
Very strong cloud analytics development skills are vital to Logic 20/20’s success. In order to continue and accelerate our growth, we are looking for Big Data Developers to add to our Seattle, Washington-based team. Big Data Developers are responsible for delivering client value and ensuring high client satisfaction. They are expected to be adept at recognizing, subscribing, and applying best practices, methodology, tools, and techniques to meet client requirements, timelines, and budgets.
You like to . . .
- Develop end-to-end cloud analytics solutions
- Lead small teams of developers on BI projects on client projects in the greater Seattle region
- Communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Translate client user requirements into data flows, data mapping, etc.
- Ensure that the design system runs efficiently and accurately
- Create and deliver technical and project documentation as required throughout the project lifecycle
- Deliver projects and solve problems within small, medium and large organizations utilizing disparate tools and methodologies
- Deliver high quality projects on time and budget in adverse environments
- 8+ years of BI development experience with 4+ of cloud analytics experience
- Cloud solution implementation experience with some of the following technologies:
- Hadoop including Hive and Pig
- Spark and SparkSQL
- AWS S3, Redshift, Dinamo DB
- Azure Data Lake Store, HDInsight, U-SQL
- Python, JSON, Java
- Advanced data analysis skills including advanced SQL query capabilities
- Deep experience in data modeling, data analysis and relational database design
- Demonstrated ability to identify business and technical impacts of user requirements and incorporate them into the project schedule
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to independently handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience working with large datasets (over 100M rows)
- Experience with Talend / Informatica is a plus
- Experience building real time or near real time BI solutions for PROD
- An undergraduate degree in technology or business is required
- Cloud certification (AWS or GCE) is a plus
About Logic20/20. . .
Logic20/20 is one of Seattle’s fastest growing full-service consulting firms. Our core competency is creating simplicity and efficiency in complex solutions. Although we make it look like magic, we succeed by combining methodical and structured approaches with our substantial experience to design elegant solutions for even the most intricate challenges. Our rapid growth is in response to our ability to deliver consistently for our clients, which is directly related to the quality of the people we hire.
The past four years, we’ve been in the top 10 “Best Companies to Work For” ….. why? Our team members are highly self-motivated, comfortable conceiving strategies on the fly, and enjoy working both individually and as part of a team. Our environment is very high-energy and demanding, and individuals with remarkable enthusiasm and a can-do attitude are joining our team. We have lots of fun, focus on our employees and our clients, and work to bring our best to every opportunity.