Core Tools Engineer
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Core Tools Engineer (ServiceNow) serves an essential role in the architecture, implementation, and administration of ServiceNow and other tools. The role will be responsible for delivering solutions and applications which leverage the automation and integration capabilities of ServiceNow. The Engineer will work with the Core Tools team, IT Operations teams, IT Application teams, vendors, and business partners to gather requirements, support, maintain, and enhance the ServiceNow platform and other tools. The Engineer is charged with planning and implementation of technologies that improve and streamline the support process, using automation and self-service tools where possible to provide faster and more efficient support, tactical actions, and operational decision-making. The ideal candidate must possess initiative and drive, broad relevant technical knowledge, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Plays prominent role within the administration, configuration, and development of core and custom ServiceNow environment.
- Plays a prominent role in the vision, architecture, and delivery of the Core Tools / ServiceNow roadmap, which includes implementation of Service Portal, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), 3rd Party Tool Integrations, Automation, and more.
- Develops and implements workflow customization, scripting, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configuration.
- Provides guidance on technical aspects of ServiceNow integration requirements, ensuring relevant technology standards, policies and best practices are applied consistently.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements emerging ServiceNow solutions required to support future state needs of the ServiceNow platform.
- Reviews, monitors and manages the ServiceNow platform and takes proactive steps to identify areas of improvement and optimize where needed.
- Mentors and coach junior members of Core Tools team on ServiceNow development, configuration, and administration.
- At least three years relevant experience in a similar role having responsibility for administration, configuration, and development of ServiceNow or similar tool (Cherwell, BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager, ZenDesk).
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow applications including Service Portal, Service Catalog, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, CMDB, Discovery, and Orchestration
- Hands on experience using AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Hands on experience with 3rd party tool integrations using APIs, web services, SOAP, mid-servers, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of ITIL process / framework, ability to identify project risks and gaps, and able to develop creative and solutions catering to user experience.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or Application Developer certifications are a plus.
- Ability to engage in detailed technical discussions, strong analytic reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management, research, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident speaker with ability to present, interact, and connect with executives, engineers and technical contacts.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong personal desire to improve and expand industry-related knowledge.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.