Principal DevOps Engineer
*** RELOCATION AVAILABLE***
We are at the forefront of change in the rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for providing senior level support in building, deploying, maintain and automating our software development pipeline from source control through production. Works closely with operations as a developer, or with development as an operations professional. The principal role provides technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members. Closely interfaces with other development stakeholders to design, implement, and enforce sound SDLC practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
- Develops tools and implements processes to deploy internally developed applications.
- Designs and implements monitoring strategies for private and public cloud deployments.
- Move from classic stack of IIS to Microservices containers Cloud.
- Works closely with other development/architecture teams to ensure rapid, robust and scalable application delivery.
- Diagnoses complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors. Reports to executives and engineers on incident status and root cause analysis.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple products in production, stage, QA and development environments.
- Demonstrates deep technical knowledge of DNS, Load Balancing, Virtualization, and Containerization.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of HA/DR requirements to meet business SLA.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of SQL queries, software architecture and database hardware architecture.
- Strong knowledge of security related technologies, such as logging, encryption, directory services, certificates, TLS, and firewalls.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of multi-datacenter and stretched DC.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of cloud-based services, such as Azure and AWS
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of ten (10) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Preferred experience in windows server administration, scripting/automation (Powershell), webserver administration (VMware), source control administration (Visual Studio & TFS), issue tracking administration (Jira), active-active datacenter deployments and administration (F5), and/or software development (C#).
- Work at loanDepot’s technology HQ in Irvine, the mello™ Innovation Lab, including slide, ping pong, foosball, and more
- Opportunity to work for leader in the FinTech mortgage space along with industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match