Temp - Escrow Administrator
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for overseeing the timely payment of taxes and insurance that are due to be paid by loanDepot's Interim Servicing. Researches, reviews and coordinates payment of escrow items, while communicating with various departments within loanDepot to ensure timely payments. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Contacts tax authorities or insurance agents for new invoices to pay escrow items.
- Accurately sets up tax and insurance payees.
- Requests and monitors approvals to pay taxes and insurance on loans with disbursement stops.
- Obtains approvals to pay escrow items where funds available to pay are short.
- Assists with incoming escrow mail, as needed.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Degree/GED required and a minimum 1+ years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Experience with Black Knight’s MSP servicing system preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- 401K with robust company match.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.