loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for underwriting condo documentation to ensure project warrant-ability.
- Underwrites condo warrant-ability on new construction and established/existing projects that require “limited” or “full” Reviews.
- Evaluates condo projects on Conventional, USDA, VA, FHA & Co-op loans within company, investor and industry guidelines.
- Evaluates and examines condo project transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes risk appropriately by assessing appraisals, preliminary title reports, HOA questionnaires, HOA budgets, and hazard insurance policies.
- Ensures all documents are consistent and compliant; identifies red flags on documentation.
- Evaluates and advises on leasehold land, affordable housing programs and deed restriction projects that are acceptable to guidelines.
- Identifies compensating factors and documented facts to support decisions for condominium approvals outside of guidelines to avert unsalable loans.
- Effectively uses agency web resources to make appropriate decisions.
- Assigns and signs off on appropriate conditions.
- Gathers and manages new construction required documentation and requests additional information as needed.
- Review new construction documents for potential red flags.
- Submits and packages documentation to agencies for approval.
- Communicates effectively with sales and builder staff to maintain high level of customer service.
- Maintains a current knowledge of loan programs, new industry guidelines and procedures.
- Understands all acceptable review types for condominiums, attached PUD’s and Detached Condominiums in accordance with loan type and occupancy.
- Maintains consistent balance within the department for accuracy and quality of reviews and project submissions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of FNMA PERS, FHA HRAP, Co-op and VA Condo full project approval process.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.