Financial Analyst, FP&A
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for analyzing financial performance, business metrics, and sales performance for the company. Develops actionable reports and solutions to achieve company goals. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Architects reports using raw loan production and accounting data to influence decision making. Assimilates raw data into actionable reports in support of departments within the organization.
- Evaluates key company metrics and develops new measurements for success. Identifies areas for process improvements and consistently strives to streamline existing processes and reports.
- Conducts market research and performance analysis of new branch and referral partner opportunities.
- Creates robust financial and production reporting packages for distribution across leaders within the sales organization under stringent deadlines to meet reporting turn times. Develops a thorough understanding of production compensation plans and ensures payroll is executed accordingly.
- Performs variance analysis and identifies the root cause of any discrepancies.
- Assists with preparation of board packages and management meeting presentations.
- Creates ad hoc reports or analysis as requested by senior management.
- Works directly with the accounting department to assist with month-end closing process and other support functions as needed.
- Creates interfaces between key systems to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Produces routine reports of production and financial data to regulatory agencies such as Fannie Mae and NMLS.
- Oversees daily treasury management functions, including collaborating with Capital Markets and Post-Closing departments to ensure maximum liquidity at all times.
- Develops detailed financial models to evaluate the profitability impact and feasibility of proposed company initiatives.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to create accurate financial models under tight timeframes.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of GAAP accounting standards.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed, including business leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting required and a minimum of three (3) + years’ experience in a Financial Analyst or Business Analyst role.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Previous experience with FAS 133 and 159 preferred.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Familiarity with relational databases (SQL, Oracle) including the ability to easily extract raw data is required.
- Previous project management experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.