Closer - REMOTE
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for coordinating all the steps of the loan closing and funding process and for managing a pipeline of loans. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Responsible for prioritizing loans in a timely and efficient manner and preparing CD by following established loanDepot procedures as published in YODA.
- Collaborates with title/escrow companies to balance fees, routes Mock CDs to appropriate parties, and issues CD to borrowers upon approval.
- Follows established procedures and meets turn times in SLA, ensuring collaboration with title and quality/accuracy of all documents; escalates issues as necessary. Communicates changes effectively and regularly with teammates and management.
- Prepares documents by following established procedures published in YODA for both Wet and Dry funding states.
- Promptly replies to emails, stays updated on all process/system changes, and ensures CDs or document packages have been sent daily, adheres to fluctuating CD processing minimums as set by management.
- Ensures files and documents meet company, investor, and compliance requirements; confirms that documents are drawn within posted turn times and consistently meet deadlines.
- Verifies several aspects of the documentation and process including, but not limited to: property addresses, wire information for funding, information on insurance policies, all fees, impound and MI. Ensure documents correspond to the correct program and investor.
- Coordinates and communicates with processing and underwriting department for correcting and completing the files.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of entire loan life cycle in order to fully understand implication of the work of the closing function; proficient with the document management system.
- Accurately files documents and information in the system and ensures all information is complete and accurate. Uses checklists and other job aides as necessary to accurately complete all required information.
- Confirms, verifies and orders funding wire ensuring timely disbursement; reviews fully executed closing documents for disbursement authorization; follows established procedures for both Wet and Dry states.
- Attends meetings and runs reports as required.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Develops and maintains respect with all employees and management.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Exercises initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meets established productivity and task management standards or seeks assistance.
- Effective communication with internal departments and clients.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum one (1) year of related work experience and/or training preferred
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- Company paid licensing renewals & continuing education.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.