Collateral Document Specialist
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender
Responsible for working with funders, clients, and vendors, to clear funding and suspense requirements; provides support to the department. Responsibilities include pipeline assignment and report management of all incoming documents and preparation of collateral files. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Batches outgoing wires through Banks, stacks; manages Collateral Package and assigns loan documents to Funders for review.
- Manages funding file delivery to shipping/post-closing and manages funding file reviews/turn times.
- Responsible for handling the ordering of all Collateral files requested on a daily basis.
- Files inventory, imaging and logging of Collateral files as received.
- Responsible for sending files and maintaining inventory and tracking of Collateral files.
- Scans and uploads copies to imaging systems and updates servicing systems with current collateral information.
- Ensures satisfaction of all collateral documents used to secure the various loan and collateral types.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- High School Degree/GED required, or minimum of three (3) + years’ similar work experience.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.