Borrower Advocate Supervisor
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for supervising multiple borrower advocate team leads and staff. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) department by meeting servicing level expectations at the individual, team, department and company level. This position must fully understand and manage to all FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC guidelines and waterfall options for both retention and disposition. This position effectively demonstrates a professional level of competency in all states of loss mitigation and the foreclosure process and requirements for all states, while adhering to al state and federal guidelines. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and state licensing are required for this position. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Supervises 1-4 team leads including 10-12 borrower advocate (SPOC) representatives per team lead. Monitors departmental operations, activities and workflow. Utilizes ability to identify gaps and root cause analysis to make recommendations for efficiency gains.
- Handles daily supervisory functions including timecards, interviews and coordination with HR on disciplinary action as necessary.
- Conducts monthly one on one sessions with Team Leads and staff to discuss employee scorecard trending, areas of opportunity, and career pathing opportunity. Provides direction to staff on department and individual goals.
- Reviews Quality Assurance scores; assists in monthly coaching sessions and calibration calls; conducts loan level reviews.
- Ensures that Borrower Advocate Representatives/ Team Leads are operating in full compliance with investor, agency/insurer, FHA, VA, and PMI provided guidelines.
- Partners with change management to create job aids as needed and keep them up to date as guidelines and policies change; communicates the changes to the staff and ensures compliance
- Facilitates team meetings and various conference calls. Generates correspondence and reports to provide support to departmental management.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or minimum of three (3) + years of loan servicing experience including Customer Service/Collections.
- Minimum of three (3) + years of management experience required.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry required.
- Experience working in MSP required.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and state licensing required.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.