Sr. Software Architect
As our Sr. Software Architect you will be taking ownership of creating quality and optimal software solution designs to meet the business objectives while working with other senior members of the team. You will act as our technology expert with project teams to address systems, software integration and compatibility issues. Additionally, works with subject matter experts in other IT areas to arrive at an optimal design. You will be responsible for core functional and technical requirements and work with project teams to create a conceptual design & a high level design/architectural framework for solutions to support business objectives in accordance with enterprise architecture governance
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design and apply best-of-breed, enterprise class: applications, services, and solutions to meet business objectives on large-scale technology projects; evaluates impact on integration, reliability, performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Ensure the solution architecture identified will support the business objectives, striking a balance between practical designs and alignment with the architectural vision.
- Work closely with multiple development teams to define, select and architect products & services that require significant cross component coordination.
- Work with other architects in leading domain analysis and the creation of an executable architecture with design artifacts; conceptual & high level design and use-case model & actor identification.
- Reports to, and consults with, other architects and IT management on project status and strategies.
- Develop and present design artifacts & prototypes to audiences of various levels & disciplines.
- Establish and defend the credibility of scope definitions, project schedules, priorities, risks, an overall development plan and deployment.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior and senior engineers.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Significant experience in the field of Service Oriented Architecture, including excellence in designing and implementing multi-tiered, enterprise applications and packages (.NET Core, SQL Server, and other Microsoft technologies).
- Significant experience with web services (REST preferred, SOAP/WCF a plus).
- Preferred experience in windows server administration, scripting/automation (PowerShell), webserver administration (VMware), source control administration (Visual Studio & TFS), issue tracking administration (Jira), active-active datacenter deployments and administration (F5), and/or software development (C#).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of thirteen (13) + years’ experience working in a similar field.