Senior DevOps Engineer
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for providing senior level support in building, deploying, maintain and automating our software development pipeline from source control through production. Works closely with operations as a developer, or with development as an operations professional. The senior role is able to architect and implement solutions or new technlologies. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops tools and implements processes to deploy internally developed applications.
2. Manages private/public cloud deployments (VMware, F5, Azure, AWS).
3. Works closely with development teams on architecture to accelerate delivery of our solutions.
4. Creates and maintains a variety of production and test environments.
5. Diagnoses highly complex system issues with multiple influencing factors.
6. Automates the creation, maintenance and monitoring of a variety of production and test environments.
7. Administers development tools including TFS, Jira, and ELK Stack.
8. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
STANDARD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
• Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
• Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
• Produces high-quality, properly functioning deliverables the first time.
• Delivers work products according to established deadlines.
• Estimates tasks with a level of granularity and accuracy commensurate with information provided.
JOB DESCRIPTION DEVOPS ENGINEER, SR
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Page 2 of 3
• Ability to work collaboratively in small teams.
• Excels in a rapid iteration environment with short turnaround times.
• Deals positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and shifting priorities.
• Accepts a wide variety of tasks and pitches in wherever needed.
• Constructively presents, discusses and debates alternatives.
• Takes shared ownership of products.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
• Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
• Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
• Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of seven (7) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
• Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
• Preferred experience in: Windows Server Administration, Scripting/Automation (Powershell), Webserver Administration (IIS), Source Control Administration (Git & TFS), Issue Tracking Administration (Jira), Active-Active Datacenter Deployments and Administration (F5), Cloud Services (Azure/AWS), Containers and Container Management (Docker/Kubemetes) is a plus, and/or Software Development (C#).
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.