Collateral Document Specialist
Responsible for working with funders, clients, and vendors, to clear funding and suspense requirements; provides support to the department. Responsibilities include pipeline assignment and report management of all incoming documents and preparation of collateral files. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Batches outgoing wires through Banks, stacks; manages Collateral Package and assigns loan documents to Funders for review.
- Manages funding file delivery to shipping/post-closing and manages funding file reviews/turn times.
- Responsible for handling the ordering of all Collateral files requested on a daily basis.
- Files inventory, imaging and logging of Collateral files as received.
- Responsible for sending files and maintaining inventory and tracking of Collateral files.
- Scans and uploads copies to imaging systems and updates servicing systems with current collateral information.
- Ensures satisfaction of all collateral documents used to secure the various loan and collateral types.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- High School Degree/GED required, or minimum of three (3) + years’ similar work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.