Borrower Advocate Representative
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls in a customer-facing role. Acts as the single point of contact (SPOC) for borrowers in default or facing imminent default assisting with Loss Mitigation alternatives. This position requires excellent customer service and phone skills. Responsible for understanding all GSE, HUD/VA/USDA guidelines for retention and disposition options in order to effectively communicate with customers and help resolve/prevent portfolio delinquency. Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and state licensing are required for this role. Reviews and resolves in-depth servicing issues, research, and escalations not limited to escrow, payment discrepancies and loss mitigation. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Acts as the SPOC and maintains relationship with borrower until hardship and delinquency status is overcome from day 60+.
- Liaises between the customer and Loss Mitigation. Utilizes strong phone and customer service skills along with general understanding of Loss Mitigation in order to communicate with customer.
- Manages a portfolio size of 150 loans + by meeting all investor and company guidelines.
- Responsible for reviewing and collecting missing documents on incomplete workout packages within strict timelines.
- Works directly with delinquent borrowers to resolve past due delinquency; negotiates reasonable payment arrangements and/or extended repayment plans; collects on past due loans.
- Discusses appropriate foreclosure alternative by providing detailed requirements for package submissions and timeframe of the review process.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of government programs including FNMA, FHLMC and FHA/VA/USDA.
- Demonstrates full understanding of all stages of delinquency including collections, loss mitigation, bankruptcy, FCL, and REO.
- Ability to communicate accurate information to customers throughout all stages of delinquency.
- Strong collection efforts.
- Ability to multi-task with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be persuasive and persistent when necessary.
- Ability to responds to difficult customer situations.
- Sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced and growing company.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Previous single point of contact experience required.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry required.
- Experience working in MSP preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Loss Mitigation experience preferred.
- NMLS/individual state licensed preferred.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or minimum of two (2) + years’ loan servicing experience required.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.