Manager, Cyber Security Engineering
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for the effective and efficient design and implementation of cyber security technologies, including next-gen artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions, threat identification and management technologies, and secure business enablement capabilities. Contributes thought leadership across multiple security domains, including cloud deployments, application development, system architecture, network and endpoint protections, and data management. Drives process refinement and implementation, project management, cross-team/discipline collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships, and direct supervision of staff. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Leads and manages cyber security engineering initiatives and develops cybersecurity designs to meet specific operational needs and environmental factors.
- Actively contributes feedback pertaining to the secure architecture of information systems.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) architecture and standards.
- Develops processes and procedures for both technology and business functions; provides role-engineering activities for various business needs.
- Develops executive reporting for key security technologies, including Key Performance Indicators (KRIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Acts with sense of urgency when reacting to problems and gaps in tooling and procedures.
- Cross-trains with other information security personnel and domains, in order to backfill and backup peers as needed.
- Mentors junior engineers in security knowledge and experience in technologies and methodologies as it relates to IAM technologies, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) devices, firewalls, proxies, access controls, encryption, networking, scripting, auditing, vulnerability assessments, intrusion management and operations. Additionally, to assist with effective research, data gathering, analysis, metrics reporting and communications.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, Master's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Industry standard certifications (CISSP with preferred CEH, GSEC, PMP).
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Maintains professionalism in both written and verbal communications.
- Strong leadership and time management skills.
- Familiarity with information security architectures networks, services, and applications on premises, in the cloud, and hybrid deployments.
- Familiarity with information security technologies, including network IDS/IPS, next-gen firewalls, AI-driven intelligence platforms, vulnerability scanners, anti-malware software, and cloud security solutions.
- Extensive understanding of security processes and reporting metrics.
- Basic understanding of ticket-driven workflows in ServiceNow.
- Intermediate scripting knowledge in PowerShell or similar languages.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.