IT Controls Risk Analyst
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for supporting initiatives that provide reasonable assurance that personally identifiable information (PII) is identified and prioritized based on its value, adequately safeguarded from misuse and theft, maintained in a manner that satisfies legal requirements, and appropriately available to meet the business needs. Supports governance structure and accountable for completing information Security, Privacy, and IT Risk compliance related activities. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Serves as an Information Security, Privacy, and IT Risk liaison to cross-departmental stakeholders in connection with business activities, supporting the establishment of solutions that integrate Information Security requirements with business priorities.
- Writes a wide variety of documents including formal policies and procedures, process flow maps, how-to guides, job-aides and reference manuals, cheat sheets, and instructions in a clear, accurate, and succinct manner.
- Reviews current policy and procedure documents for thoroughness. Drafts and submits improvement recommendations to appropriate approver and/or subject matter expert(s) for review. Edits and submits final documents using appropriate systems and processes.
Conducts risk assessments (e.g., Framework Assessments, Policy/Procedure Review, Operational Review, Vendor Review, Contract Review, Audit) to understand the risk landscape and to target mitigation steps.
- Communicates with information security leadership on issues raised during all reviews. Assists with development of action plans for issues/gaps identified during reviews and works with stakeholders to determine appropriate monitoring and testing routines.
- Monitors developments to maintain knowledge of current information Security issues, ensuring ongoing compliance with requirements from laws, regulations, and global standards.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of U.S. privacy and data protection laws and regulations, fair information practices and core privacy and data protection principles, direct marketing techniques, workplace monitoring, financial privacy requirements, online privacy, and information security.
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams.
- Relationship building skills and the ability to influence and communicate related concepts to technical
and non-technical staff.
- Tactical thinking skills, creative problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in nonstandardized situations.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.