MSC - Loan Specialist
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Loan Specialist supports the Loan Consultant or Sales Manager in loan origination activities and administrative actions related to serving the clients and borrowers. The Loan Specialist is licensed, however, will not be engaged in personal loan production.
- Qualify prospective borrowers
- Provide estimated worksheets and rate quotes to prospective borrowers
- Meet with borrowers to complete loan application
- Provide a list to borrowers of the items they need for successful loan fundings
- Meet externally with realtors and builders to develop business for assigned Loan Consultant/Sales Manager
- Help facilitate open communication with borrowers and Loan Processors at the branch or in the Corporate office
- Interact with the processing organization and operations to ensure that all files are closed on behalf of assigned Loan Consultant
- Provide daily / weekly status to the Loan Consultant regarding status of all files currently in progress
- Attend any identified mandatory Loan Consultant meetings.
- Assist Loan Consultant / Sales Manager with identified CRM activities
- Comply with organizational standards, polices, and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required
- Develop and maintain respect with all employees and management.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solve problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meet established productivity and task management standards or seek assistance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-3 years in the financial services industry
- NMLS loan originator license required
- Continuing education classes required by licensing authority
- Continuing training classes required by the company to meet CFPB requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Point & Webtrac, and Empower software
- Proficient with sales software and contact management tools
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.