Responsible for cultivating loan referrals through outside sales meetings with builders, realtors, and consumers. Examines, evaluates, and documents customer applications for credit approval on real estate loans. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spends a minimum of 50% of working hours outside the office to conduct sales calls to create, develop and maintain referral relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and consumers.
- Analyzes potential marketing opportunities to develop future business opportunities.
- Communicates positively and professionally with operations staff throughout the process of the loan to ensure a smooth closing.
- Engages in managing the loan pipeline with all team members to meet company efficiency standards.
- Meets with borrowers to determine best loan program for individual needs after analyzing income, assets, credit, and property.
- Collects all required documentation from borrowers and converts to paperless documents.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Develops and maintains respect with all employees and management.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry specifically in mortgage sales.
- NMLS loan originator license required by start date.
- Continuing training classes required by the company to meet mortgage regulation.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.