Defect Resolution Specialist, Sr
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for assisting clients and customers by researching and responding to Investor, QC and Insuring defects/audits. Researches a variety of regulatory and guideline defect requests responding back to the appropriate department within the service level agreement. Acts as a collaborative partner with all mortgage business channels, Investor, QC, and Insuring departments focusing on solving defects for internally and externally raised quality issues. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Acts as a liaison between Investor, QC Department, Insuring, and different mortgage channels.
- Serves as the contact for the Defect Resolution department in researching and resolving Investor, QC, and Insuring defects.
- Reviews and works with the different mortgage channels to confirm audit findings and document audit response while taking responsibility of full resolution of items noted.
- Detects opportunities to automate and streamline internal processes to improve efficiency and performance effectiveness across all lines of business.
- Provides feedback to Defect Resolution Manager on trending issues across business channels.
- Partners with and provides support to other members of the Defect Resolution Department.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to multitask on various items and tasks while meeting timelines and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of FNMA/FHLMC, VA, FHA, and any other agency guidelines.
- Demonstrates understanding of Loan Servicing, including all agency and federal guidelines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain and cultivate effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed established minimum productivity levels as determined and required by management for condition management.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to work independently and in a paperless environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, HUD, VA, USDA, and investor underwriting
- Demonstrates working knowledge of lending compliance and regulations and loan regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and interpret credit reports, income documentation, asset statements, residential appraisal reports, and other mortgage loan documentation.
- Recent experience in performing processing and/or underwriting job functions in a paperless environment required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Proficiency running, reading, and interpreting DU/LP recommendations required.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of one (1) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.