Divisional Closing Manager
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender
Responsible for overseeing the Closing department’s functionality, productivity, efficiency, pipeline, and quality for a specified division. Represents and acts as a conduit to other departments within the company and outside vendors. Enforces company and department policy and procedures, while ensuring all compliance and operational standards as set forth by the company are maintained and productivity goals are met. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Leads and oversees Closing teams to ensure mortgage loans are processed, filed, and disbursed correctly and on time.
- Manages the timely delivery of outgoing wires, closing and funding file reviews and turn times through Warehouse banks.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, updating, and maintenance of all departmental policies and procedures.
- Directs workflow for the Closing department by setting expectations and ensuring goals are met and meet all defined standards.
- Manages funding file delivery to Shipping and Post-Closing departments.
- Provides ongoing closing and funding training on products and processes changes as needed.
- Leads efficiency projects to improve productivity, quality, compliance and customer delivery; identifies and implement process improvements to increase production and efficiency.
- Delivers exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for recommending final hiring and termination decisions, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and manage professional behavior.
- Strong analytic ability and excellent comprehension.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues as they arise through collaboration.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Minimum three (3) + years of management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or minimum of six (6) + years’ equivalent work experience.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.