Compliance Analyst, Sr
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of the corporate compliance framework for the company.
- Independently develop and implement corporate compliance initiatives and projects such as vendor management oversight, complaint management, branch oversight.
- Manage and report on risks covering all aspects of the company.
- Work closely with compliance manager, operations, and other business units to prepare and implement standard operating procedures.
- Develop and report on ad-hoc audit findings and remediate findings
- Respond, verbally and in writing, to audit findings.
- Make recommendations to business units based on issues raised by customers and internal personnel.
- Deliver current and relevant policies and procedures to company.
- Conduct compliance and quality assurance audits as identified by company leadership and independent testing.
- Complete loan level file reviews for loans escalated by investors, underwriters or third parties.
- Lead and manage special projects as needed.
- Inform and train business units regarding agency and investor guidelines and requirements or regulatory and legal changes, strive to improve knowledge of risk analysis, and maintain contemporary knowledge of company policy changes.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SQL, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- 5 - 8 years total mortgage banking experience in underwriting, quality control, origination or compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance guidelines in the mortgage industry.
- Demonstrated hands-on compliance auditing experience.
- Prior experience managing workflow to confirm audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Current project management experience and strong capability in managing multiple project priorities and processes.
- Demonstrated advanced capabilities in quantifying risk and developing processes for mitigating risk while considering regulatory scrutiny and business needs.
- Advanced skills in interpreting, applying, and communicating federal, state, and investor regulations.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.