Borrower Advocate Lead
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for overseeing a team of 10-12 borrower advocate representatives handling inbound and outbound calls related to loans in a default, collections and loss mitigation. Responsible for acting as backup to supervision. Assists with daily, weekly and monthly job expectations; acts as first line of dense for borrower advocate representatives related to questions and escalations. Conducts monthly side-by-sides, reviews agent calls, reviews and prepares monthly reports, trains and coaches new hires/staff. This role requires vast knowledge and understanding of FHA/VA/USDA/FNMA/FHLMC loss mitigation retention and disposition guidelines. Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and state licensing are required for this role. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Oversees and acts as backup to supervisor for a team of 10-12 borrower advocates, including training, motivating, coaching, performance managing, and achieving monthly production goals.
- Acts as the first line of defense for borrower advocate questions and escalations. Handles escalated calls/issues and coordinates with appropriate internal and external resources to provide resolution.
- Oversees daily team operations; provides guidance and direction in daily workflow and volume. Utilizes ability to think like a member of management when making business decisions that impact the department and company.
- Responsible for resolving complex/complicated exceptions to the standard loss mitigation process.
- Assists in monthly coaching sessions; conducts loan level reviews; and provides verbal and written feedback.
- Assists with facilitating team meetings and various conference calls.
- Provides consistent communication to team regarding daily work goals, expectations, and any policy and/or process changes.
- Assists with inbound/outbound calls on an as needed basis when proper coverage is needed.
- Promotes employee engagement through motivational techniques and runs performance contests.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or minimum of two (2) + years’ loan servicing experience including Customer Service/Collection/SPOC.
- Minimum of two (2) + years previous team lead or supervisor experience preferred.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry required.
- Experience working in MSP required.
- Bilingual a plus.
- NMLS/individual state licensed preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.