Asset Disposition Manager
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for the day to day review of investor repurchase demands as well as impaired loans loanDepot internally refers to Asset Disposition (AD). Reviews and analyzes loans in the AD pipeline and recommends a course of action to cure, which could involve feedback from Appraisal, Credit Policy, high level UWs, in house counsel and Capital Markets/Secondary depending on the severity of the issues. Provides analysis and support, regarding loans referred to the AD Group, for loss mitigation that covers the entire enterprise. Analyzes the underwriting aspects, of the impaired asset, interfacing with several internal and external groups to strategize solutions to mitigate losses. The AD Group partners with several internal channels including, but not limited to, Secondary, Post Closing, Shipping, Servicing, Appraisal, Credit Policy, Counsel, Treasury, etc. in order to evaluate and mitigate impaired asset losses. External channels will include Investor Repurchase Departments, Collateral Agents, Servicers, Scratch & Dent investors and Foreclosure/REO Agents. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Manages and redirects all loans, referred to Asset Disposition, to Capital Markets for investor reallocation or refer internally for refinance or refer to a scratch and dent sale as a last resort.
- Ensures all investor repurchase demands are reviewed and responded to by their response deadlines. This includes researching program requirements to validate and/or refute outstanding repurchase demands.
- Manages to ensure all internally impaired loans are reviewed and responded within required time frames.
- Handles escalated issues and requests coming from investors or other internal departments.
- Manages pipeline balancing with various other tasks as needed.
- Works with loanDepot Investor Delivery Team as a subject matter expert in investor guidelines and delivery requirements.
- Communicates issues to internal and external business partners.
- Works with loanDepot Insuring Team with insuring defects (FHA) and program violations (conventional).
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Demonstrates understanding of agency investor guidelines, delivery requirements and process.
- Demonstrates strong relationship building skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Familiarity with LOS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or minimum of five (5)+ years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.