Responsible for cultivating loan referrals through outside sales meetings with builders, realtors, and consumers. Examines, evaluates, and documents customer applications for credit approval on real estate loans. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spends a minimum of 50% of working hours outside the office to conduct sales calls to create, develop and maintain referral relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and consumers.
- Analyzes potential marketing opportunities to develop future business opportunities.
- Communicates positively and professionally with operations staff throughout the process of the loan to ensure a smooth closing.
- Engages in managing the loan pipeline with all team members to meet company efficiency standards.
- Meets with borrowers to determine best loan program for individual needs after analyzing income, assets, credit, and property.
- Collects all required documentation from borrowers and converts to paperless documents.
- Prepares and submits loan submission sheets to set up.
- Reads and understands rate sheets, product codes, and loan level price adjustments in order to calculate rates and fees.
- Negotiates and confirms rates, fees, and locks terms with customers.
- Locks loans in the system with agreed upon terms and manages locked pipelines through the funding.
- Communicates regularly with borrowers to meet desired expectations.
- Maintains minimum productivity goals.
- Complies with organizational standards, polices, and procedures.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Develop and maintain respect with all employees and management.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solve problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meet established productivity and task management standards or seeks assistance.
- Attention to detail; strong ability to prioritize and a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- One (1) + years of experience in the financial services industry
- NMLS loan originator license required
- Continuing education classes required by licensing authority
- Continuing training classes required by the company to meet CFPB requirements