VP, Assistant Treasurer
Primary responsibility is cash forecasting and capacity planning. Responsible for overseeing operations on all loan funding and settlements, ensures all required reporting are completed on time and accurately. Lead optimization efforts. Partners with executive leadership and multiple other financial and operational departments to ensure success of the organization. Serves as main contact for both external and internal audit partners. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates. Continuous improvement and focus on leadership / growth in the rest of the Treasury team.
- Responsible for analyzing and forecasting cash and liquidity needs both short term and long term.
- Responsible for analyzing and forecasting advance needs for the warehouse facilities, generating various daily, weekly and monthly reports for internal and external use, reviewing the staff results and ensuring accuracy.
- Manages financing capacity and the daily warehouse lending operations, including funding disbursement and all reporting pertaining to Treasury operations.
- Performs daily functions within the Treasury departments, including loan funding, loan settlement, managing cash flows, and managing the Treasury staff performance within the department.
- Directs internal warehouse operations, including funding allocation and disbursement processing.
- Manages daily and forecasted funding capacity.
- Serves as a key player in the development, deployment and maintenance of company’s warehouse tracking system.
- Proactively seeks areas of process improvement and recommends changes on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for ongoing and ad hoc reporting.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for recommending final hiring and termination decisions, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Must be detail & process oriented in order to avoid errors tracking warehouse activity and funding activity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to quickly recognize inconsistencies or errors and act on them immediately.
- General sense of urgency, with ability to remain detail oriented and maintain accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization with a positive influence on others.
- Ability to implement process changes effectively and confidently with proper approval process. Ability to communicate upward to high levels of management.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or minimum of eight (8) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.